Saturday 31 March 2012

Continuous improvement

I'm reading Start It Up: Why Running Your Own Business is Easier Than You Think by serial entrepreneur Luke Johnson. He shares that when he launched the pizza chain Strada, he really wasn't doing anything new. Pizza chains are, after all, ten a penny. However, he added a little drop of something extra that was unique to his business. It was as simple as placing a free bottle of mineral water on his diners' tables. Nobody else was doing it. He stood out.

Launching a creative eCourse is certainly nothing new. However, most tend to focus on one aspect. I'm hoping that my differentiator will be to inspire my tribe to tap into the broader range of creativity that goes further than just sharing my creative process with others. Discovering my Muse was like finding a long-lost friend. She is an integral part of what makes 'Lisa' and pushes me to experiment and discover.

One thing I've learned about her though is that she thrives in company. With every course we have taken together we have bloomed - poetry in motion. We have found strength in each other and nurtured the magic that creativity gives.

The urge to share this sparkle with others pushed us to create this business and this course. We hope you'll follow your own calling and join us.

"Life affords no higher pleasure than that of surmounting difficulties, passing from one step of success to another, forming new wishes and seeing them gratified."
Samuel Johnson

1 comment:

  1. Your creative journey is awesome Lisa. I love your ideas!

    ReplyDelete